This post explains about how header images are set for sites using the WP Display Header plug-in. If your not sure if this applies to your site, please ask the administrator.
It’s a three stage process:
- select and prepare your header image(s)
- upload the image(s)
- set which page you wish to use this image
1. select and prepare your header image(s)
Choose images at least around 960 pixels wide. Remember that you’re only going to use a thin strip of the image, so pictures with an interesting feature which can be cut out are going to work best. Use photoshop or another imaging program to adjust your image for best contrast and colour.
2. upload the image(s)
Sign in to your site dashboard and select Appearance > Header
- Click to open the Header Image tab
- Click the Add new image button
- Choose the Upload Files tab (unless you’ve already uploaded the image) and select the first image you wish to use as a header
- Click Select and Crop
- To crop, drag the selection box to choose a good part of the image. It’s better not to resize the selection box, just click in the centre of it, and drag the whole box into place. When you’re ready click the Crop Image button.
Repeat for additional images to be used as headers.
Note – to delete a header image: select Appearance > Header, Header Image tab, mouse over the header image you wish to delete, click the X.
3. set which page you wish to use this image
To set the header image on a given page, edit the page, and scroll to the ‘Header’ panel. Here you can choose to have:
- a specific uploaded header for that page alone
- no header image shown on this page
- a random choice from all of the uploaded header images available
after making any changes, click the ‘update’ button