Prof Terry Smith:
Prof Terry Smith
Biomolecular Sciences Building
University of St Andrews
fax: 01334 462595
School of Biology
School of Chemistry
Biomedical Sciences Research Complex
edit tks1 details
1) Biosynthesis and uptake of phospholipids in protozoan parasites.
2) The enzymology of biosynthetic enzymes in parasites.
3) Lipidomics and focussed metabolomics of pathogens.
4) Carbohydrate synthesis and “simple” chemistry towards drugs for neglected disease.
5) Structure, function & biosynthesis of parasite glycoconjugates including GPI anchors.
Professor Terry K. Smith is a reader in both the school of chemistry and the school of biology at the University of St Andrews, Scotland. His research utilizes a wide range of disciplines to genetically and chemically validate drug targets involved in lipid metabolism of protozoan parasites that cause neglected tropical diseases such as African sleeping sickness and American Trypanosomiasis.
An interview with Terry by the International Innovation magazine can be found here.