School of Biology CommitteesInformation about Committees in the School of Biology
- Biology Equality and Diversity Committee
- Biology Ethics Committee
- Biology Health and Safety Committee
- Biology Management Group
- Biology Postgraduate Committee
- Biology Postgraduate Recruitment Committee
- Biology Postgraduate Teaching Committee
- Biology Research Committee
- Biology Staff Council
- Biology Teaching Committee
- Biology Teaching: PG Student Staff Consultative Committee
- Biology Teaching: UG Student Staff Consultative Committee
- Public Engagement Committee
Biology Postgraduate Teaching Committee
For the MSc Degree
(With reference to the University Administrative Checklist for Co-ordinators of Taught Postgraduate Programmes)
- To ensure that applicants for the MSc degree are advised of requirements, that a suitable programme of modules is agreed, and that clear and accurate information is available to students at matriculation.
- To report any changes to modular programmes to the Faculty Postgraduate Office.
- To report results following examination diets to the Faculty Postgraduate Office according to the specified timetable.
- To ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place for choosing dissertation topics and for supervising dissertations.
- To ensure that students submit their dissertations by the specified deadline, and that examination arrangements for these are completed within one month of submission.
- To implement procedures for allowing students to progress to dissertation.
Post-Graduate Taught programmes Administrator
Dr Neil Hazon
Dr Sonja Heinrich
Director of Post-Graduate Taught programmes
Postgraduate Teaching Committee Chair
Dr Iain Matthews
Marine Ecosystems Management
Dr Gerald Prescott
Director of Teaching
Dr Luke Rendell
Marine Mammal Science
click for profile
click to mail
|Mrs Katrina Gatherum||Secretary SOI & Postgraduate Taught Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org||01334 463441|
|Dr Neil Hazon||Readeremail@example.com||01334 463451/3452/3447|
|Dr Sonja Heinrich||Senior Lecturer & Director of Postgraduate Teachingfirstname.lastname@example.org||01334 462628|
|Dr Iain Matthews||Senior Teaching Fellow & Pro-Dean for the Faculty of Scienceemail@example.com||01334 463004|
|Dr Gerald Prescott||Senior Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org||01334 463562|
|Dr Luke Rendell||MASTS Reader in Biologyemail@example.com||01334 463499|
edit committee details