- Biology Equality and Diversity Committee
- Biology Ethics Committee
- Biology Health and Safety Committee
- Biology Management Group
- Biology Postgraduate Committee
- Biology Postgraduate Recruitment Committee
- Biology Postgraduate Teaching Committee
- Biology Research Committee
- Biology Staff Council
- Biology Teaching Committee
- Biology Teaching: PG Student Staff Consultative Committee
- Biology Teaching: UG Student Staff Consultative Committee
- Public Engagement and Recruitment Committee
Biology Equality and Diversity Committee
An Athena SWAN award recognises a department's commitment to making the department and the university workplace overall a more equal place for all staff.
To make the purpose of the committee more clear to everyone, the Biology Athena SWAN committee has changed its name to the Biology Equality and Diversity Committee.
The Biology Equality and Diversity Committee encourages everyone to participate in improving transparency and fairness at all stages of a scientific career. If you have suggestions for our School Action plan, please contact anyone on the comittee.
The School of Biology has a clear and consistent alignment with the University's Equality and Diversity Inclusion Policy, under which the School has an institutional legal obligation to practice equlity of opportunity throughout its recruitment and selection process.
The University has also established a small fund for the express purpose of supporting employees with child minding or other caring responsibilities associated with attending events as part of their role. Called the Caring Fund, more details, as well as an application, can be found on the University's Carers information page.
The Women in Science website promotes the activities and successes of women working in science at the University of St Andrews. We aim to inspire our students, to help those interested in studying science, and our staff, by providing key information to those seeking to develop a career in science at St Andrews.
Bring Your Kids To Work Day
edit committee details