Lockdown and the coronavirus threat are presenting many new challenges for staff in the School of Biology, particularly in juggling work with family and other personal commitments.
The School of Biology’s Equality and Diversity Committee has launched a short survey to get a better understanding of how staff can be better supported during this time and will do their best to turn these into actions.
The brief poll, which should take less than 2 mins, can be found here and is open for 1 week (closes midday Tuesday 23 June).
- How would you feel about having one day each week designated as meeting-free, in order to help prioritise research time?
- Would having a designated meeting-free period for 1 hour over lunchtime (e.g., 12.30 – 1.30pm) be helpful ?
- Would you prefer a meeting-free period in the workday at another time?
- Would getting back to quiet office space help your productivity?
- Would you like to have a designated staff welfare officer (who could respond to concerns and provide advice)?
- Do you have any other practical suggestions for actions we could take?
- We need some information about you to help us interpret these responses.
- (a) Your gender
- (b) Do you have caring responsibilities for others within your home?