PhD Study: Funding

The School receives support from UK Research Councils (NERC and BBSRC) for PhD studentships. The minimum requirement for an award is an upper second class honours degree. These studentships cover subsistence and fees for UK students, and for European Union nationals who have been resident in the UK for at least the last 3 years for education purposes; where residency has been for less than three years, funding is on a fees-only basis. These studentships cannot be used to support non-European overseas students.

In view of the intense competition for these University awards, prospective overseas students are strongly advised to seek their own financial support.